Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What I really miss (Part 2)

On the back of the previous cycling post, I totally forgot one of the most important element that I really do miss; the people

(I don't know why, but I had vivid memories of the people that I met as I was cycling alone, maybe because the interaction with em involves a great deal of emotions and hardship)

The kindness of the Majlis Daerah Jeli(?) facility keeper(At the moment when he opened the gate to let me in, I really wanted to give him this big hug there and there, but me conscious of my precarious situation, decided not to get myself thrown off the compound by him for giving him an unforgettable cultural shock) with the heart of a gold who let me stay at the abandon swimming/chalet/vacation facility he was guarding before his by-the-book superior reprimanded him and thus, my eviction from the compound and resumption of my search for accommodation for the night in Jeli.

The mindless long wait at the police pondok waiting for the night and the next day with the curious police kids asking weird and unanswerable questions.

The kind enough policemen who came by during nighttime(with machine gun) to check on me while I was in the mode where I was swatting the endless mosquitoes till I'm tired and fall asleep, wake up again, swatted again, ... u know the drill...

The thumbs up given by a passing mini-lorry passenger as I was on the way to Gerik from Jeli.

The little girl who was cycling along me, laughing and calling me crazy as she found out my plan.

The gardener at a nursery in the middle of the Jeli-Gerik route who with good intentions in mind, let me know that my suffering is over and it's gonna be a downhill route for me all the way form then on. (he was wrong, btw... there was another steep hill after the down-hill)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home