Sunday, October 16, 2005

Seasonal Reminders

I was to start my weekend with my theurapatic excursion. Fish collection.

I was still in bed when I received the news. Part of me was already lashing out onto that invisible enemy. How could this be? I got it all planned out carefully. All will be naught. But deep inside I knew what was the right thing to be done. I had to cancel whatever plans that I had made for the weekend. And also tentatively, till the next weekend.

Going to such a place on such days serves a really telling reminder. So strong even at such an old age. One mishape. And it totally wreck you to the point that you have troublet recognizing peoples.

Seeing so much suffering. Groans. Pains. Writhing so much in pain unconciously that you had to be bound for your own good. Concious but unable to do a thing or to even speak, only able to stare. Only God knows what you'll feel when you go through these.

It brings your mind to the thought of death. old-age. pain. frailness. That maybe living that long is not such a good thing after all. That a shorter life span might be a blessing in disguise that we'll never live to fully appreciate it.

I guess there's reason for all these. In a place where life and death coexist. On the day where it was to be a celebration. When one lets it's guard down. On thoughts and wants. A reminder. Again. To play it to the full. To live, cherish and appreciate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home