Saturday, August 13, 2005

Curfew?!? Says who?!

I was just browsing through my MSN in my usual aloof manner when suddenly one of the nicks in my list cried out for attention to me. It read;

"Selangor area is currently on curfew till this Sunday as the API breaches the hazardous level of 500..!!"

As I finished reading the sentence, I gave a WTF look and nearly choke on my burger. I mean WTF, I was out an hour ago, and everyone seems to be everywhere. The LRT was filled to the brim at its usual rush hour, the usual gang of gAh Beng is out trying to worsen the haze again, the Sea Park Maybank mamak is filled to the brim. WTF is this curfew all about? Since when it's been announced? and WHY IN THE WORLD IS EVERYONE STILL RUNNING AROUND LIKE IT'S A NORMAL TOM,DICKY, AND HAIRY DAY?!?

Is there something I haven't been told?

I double check the newspaper again thinking that I might have missed this declaration and I found..... nothing.

The fact is only certain area in Selangor(Kuala Selangor and Port Klang) is badly affected, and even there curfew wasn't really being declared, only Haze Emergency (to be exact)

"The Prime Minister stressed that the declaration did not mean that a curfew had been imposed, nor would there be any removal of the areas from the Selangor administration."


TheStar



The grouse I have here is the way some people(the uninformed kind) misrepresent information in such way that it sounds much more worse that it actually is. The effect of these reckless misinformation will inevitably cause uninformed ones that is prone to panic.....to panic and pack their blody freaking house with maggi mee for the "curfew".

How many of us ever have actually thought(or actually use our brain) of the consequences of us not authenticating any information that we are going to show to the whole world?

For this matter, is it really that hard to go for our national papers to properly reaffirm the information?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home